- Name: Jeremy
- Homepage: EggWeb
- From: Australia
- Date: Sun Jun 2 02:25:22 CDT 2002
- Comments: I have some more things that you might like that I forgot to post:
1) You might want to consider buying Install Maker (Pro). It's a REALLY cool install program maker. I just think FreeExtractor's just not enough (I downloaded it, 'cause I noticed you used it for BR3D.) You can get it from "www.clickteam.com" If you get the PRO version (99$ US), you can create seperate versions of the program (Install Broomsticks & Broomsticks 3D in the same installer!) and it's really easy to use. Just, if you DO buy it, and you get PRO, just make sure any "Mutually Exclusive" check boxes are clear. The NORMAL version ($29 US I think) is pretty cool too. What's really cool, is that if you're building your installer onto a floppy, if it takes more than the capacity of the disk, it spans the installer across the disk.
When you install Install Maker, it only takes up 1-2MB of disk space! And the installers it creates (you create!), the actual wizard, is only 60KB and the files in it is compressed EQUAL to the compression of WinZip!!!
I highly recommend it, and the installer to install Install Maker is an example of an installer made with Install Maker PRO, and you can also try unregistered versions of it (no evaluation) which just have an ad screen at the end.
2) I think it's VERY rude to post rude comments on guestbooks. Anyone does is VERY rude. Paul Rajlich went to all the LOTS OF EFFORT of making these games and people say stuff like "MONKEY ? IS WAY BETTER THAN BROOMSTICKS"! Of course that <- is completely the opposite. I think you maybe should create a submitting script that scans the comments for stuff like that and removes those entries.
3) You've got a good brain, Paul.
4) You might also want to get The Games Factory or Jamagic to make Broomsticks, also from clickteam.com
Thanks for the info Jeremy.
As for the negative comments, I don't mind. The only comments that I remove
are ones that are clearly offensive (bad language). Besides, most of the posts
are very positive. Thanks everybody!
The game makers look interesting. However, a programmer like myself will always
want to program. :-) Even the most powerful game makers will not give you
the control that programming will...